Hunter Valley Private Tour
We offer your choice of vineyards and restaurants. Once booked we will discuss your choices of wineries, departure time, pick-ups and dining options.
- Tour guide driver of a private vehicle
- Wine tasting visits to at least three cellar doors
- All transportation and related expenses (fuel, parking, tolls, etc.)
- Bottled drinking water and picnic accessories (as requested)
- Sydney pick-up and drop off
- Destination : Hunter Valley
- Duration : 9 - 10 Hours
- Time : Recommended start time 7:00 - 9:00
- Date : Daily as requested
- Embarkation : Sydney CBD and North Shore hotels
- Disembarkation : Sydney CBD and North Shore hotels
Hunter Valley Private Tour
This private tour of the Hunter Valley lets you work out an itinerary tailored to you taste.
Once we reach the wine growing region of the Hunter Valley, we have a wealth of options – including a large selection of both vintners and producers of olives, cheeses, and other delicacies.
We can visit some of the award-winning vineyards in the in the Mount View area, which overlook much of the wine growing region. Then we head to Pokolbin for some of the well known vineyards, such as Pepper Tree Winery, McGuigan Wines, Audrey Wilkinson, Gundog, Tyrells, Oakvale, or Brokenwood, to name a few. You may choose the wineries we visit, or you can leave it up to us.
We can also experience cheese tasting, chocolates shops, a range 0f distilleries or beer tasting.
Lunch – Boutique Restaurants, Fine Dining, wood-fire Pizza or Pub Lunches.
When you are ready for lunch, the Hunter Valley supplies a wealth of options. Favourites include Bistro Molines, Café Enzo. A quick option may be gourmet woodfired pizza and salads prepared while you taste the Brokenwood, Hope, Baumé at Ben Ean or Bimbadgen wines. For a pub lunch we recommend, Harrigans or Ironbark Hill. Cheese tasting and charcuterie boards are available at various wineries too.
Our Charter tours pick-up and drop off from hotels and private addresses within the Central business district and the Northern Suburbs. We also pick-up and drop of at your desired location within the Hunter Valley wine region. Please contact us for other areas or for multiple pick-ups/drop-offs. We are very flexible and strive to accommodate your group.
- Tour Guide
- Private Vehicle and related expenses (fuel, parking, tolls, etc)
- Flexible Itinerary
- Bottled Drinking Water
- We have a supply of some warm jackets, raincoats and umbrellas – if required.
Child seats and booster seats are available if requested in advance.
- Wine tasting fees are not included. Our recommended venues charge $10 per person, some of our venues do not charge if wine is purchased.
- Any Private Expenses – including meals, drinks, or entry fees for attractions.
- Comfortable Shoes and Clothing
- Be prepared for the day becoming warmer, cooler, or wetter
- In summer, a hat and sunscreen are recommended
- An appetite for good wine and food
Suggested Pick up time: 7 am to 9 am. We head back to Sydney between 3-5 pm, the Hunter Valley trip takes approximately 2.5 hours. This an example of an itinerary, however, all itineraries are flexible to suit you.
We have time for two cellar door tastings plus local cheese tasting.
Lunch – Boutique Restaurants, Fine Dining, Gourmet Pub Meals, Casual Dining
Enjoy lunch at the venue of your choice
Cellar door tasting plus Vodka and Schnapps Tasting at The Hunter or Pokolbin Distillery, Brewery Tasting or an additional Cellar Door Tasting
Local chocolate tasting
In late afternoon, wild kangaroos are sometimes spotted in the fields and paddocks as we make our way back.
If you’re already in the Hunter Valley we do offer tours that start and finish in the Hunter Valley. We can also offer one way transfers either way to and from Sydney. This tour allows more time in the Hunter Valley, we also offer a slower approach through Wollembi and Mount View for a more scenic but longer drive.